i don't know how you couldn't love this guy
saturday: i did some much needed cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, errands, caught up on some work, etc. and watched college football all day and about five episodes of say yes to the dress on my fave TLC. i was able to run some much-needed errands that i kept putting off, and i also bought out half the women's nike section at academy. cute new workout clothes are always a good motivation. spent saturday evening and night with the family and went to my little brother's high school football game with my mom. just in case you haven't heard, high school football's kind of a big deal in texas. (see friday night lights or varsity blues and you'll get the idea.)
sunday: i baked (from scratch) some organic banana oat bread!!!!!! remember how i don't cook?? well, this bread turned out amazing. it took forever and i made an awful mess, but it was a success. had a late night soccer game, which we won, but i was eaten alive by mosquitos (another spawn of satan creature). finally saw the quasi-bf after he had a reunion weekend with all his buddies. he apparantly can't drink like he used to. i think that's what happens when you get old.
here's the recipe for the banana oat bread. i made mine with all organic ingredients and whole grain flour.
• 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
• 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
• 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
• 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
• 1 cup(s) quick-cooking oats
• 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar
• 1/2 cup(s) butter or margarine
• 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
• 1/4 cup(s) milk
• 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
• 2 large eggs
• 3 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
• 3 tablespoon(s) quick-cooking oats
• 3 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
• 3 tablespoon(s) margarine or butter
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees. grease a 9" by 5" loaf pan.
2. in large bowl, mix baking powder, baking soda, salt, 2 cups flour, 1 cup oats, and 1/2 cup packed brown sugar until blended. with pastry blender or two knives used scissor-fashion, cut in 1/2 cup margarine or butter (1 stick) until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. stir in mashed bananas, milk, vanilla extract, and eggs just until flour is moistened. spoon batter into pan.
3. prepare crumb topping: in small bowl, with fork, mix 3 tablespoons flour, 3 tablespoons oats, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, and 3 tablespoons margarine or butter until blended. sprinkle crumb topping evenly over batter.
4. bake bread 1 hour and 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan and finish cooling on wire rack.