Monday, October 5, 2009

marvelous monday mantra

maybe this is just me, but i find myself tossing and turning every sunday night.  maybe it's because i know in a mere seven hours (yes, i need at least seven hours of beauty sleep or i am a grouchy monster all day), i will wake up and it will be distainable monday morning and the start of another long work week.  i tell myself every sunday evening that i need to come up with a new pre-monday attitude.  so when i woke up this monday morning...


6:43 a.m. - i pray and promise myself and God to attempt to change my attitude...


8:03 a.m. - so far, this new attitude change seems to be working out.  my hair may not look great, but i don't feel like i'm falling asleep on my commute to work and my eyeliner hasn't smeared yet.  all and all a good first hour to the day.  then, when i walk into our weekly monday morning "team" status meetings, what do i find??  it's a birthday celebration and we have breakfast tacos!!!  delicious homemade breakfast tacos!  wow, this whole attitude thing really is working out for me! 



mmm, breakfast!


11:34 a.m. - to my pleasant surprise, the morning goes by much more quickly than usual.  a little before lunch i get a text message: "are you busy today?  i'd like to bring you lunch."  more food?!  yes, please!  wow, this whole attitude adjustment is really working wonders!  not only do i have lunch hand-delivered to my office, but these pretties came with it...!!!



my monday pretties!*


as a result of having a surprisingly good first day of the work week, i have a new monday mantra: "if you don't like something, change it.  if you can't change it, change the way you think about it."


xo
-m


*please see my white-out.  i love white-out.

No comments: