so you may or may not have seen some office tours going on around the blogosphere. you can thank my boa-loving friend cher from the only girl for this trend and check out her site for other international workspace tours. i finally decided to get in on the fun, too. my office is fairly unexciting and - i never thought i'd say this - i actually miss working in downtown houston sometimes. the one good thing about working where i do now is we have a huge parking lot, so i don't have to park in a parking garage and walk 20 minutes like i had to while i worked in the mayor's office at city hall. i know, walking 20 minutes may not seem like a big deal to some of you, but wearing 3" heels, a silk blouse, and having to hike it in 105 degree heat and 98% humidity is a real pain in the arse, not to mention it totally messes up your hair. houston isn't exactly a walkable environment. (i know you smart growth and urban planners in san fran and nyc are probably having heart attacks.)
okay, enough talk. on to the tour:
1. welcome! please come in! do you need to make a copy? i have a texas-sized copier here to greet you.
2. here's my desk, walls, and files. clearly.
3. i like to organize my life. i'll organize the heck out of yours too, if you'll let me.
4. the view from my shoes everyday. i basically stare at my boss. well, i don't stare at him, i mean i can see him from my desk. those doors normally aren't shut, and he is normally throwing various squishy stress balls at me to get my attention when i ignore him.
5. here's my little piece of home that i brought to spruce up my office. i figure since i spent more hours than i'd like to admit here, i should probably have something nice to look at. and that sign on the left is my fave: "there are 2 theories to arguing with a woman; neither one works."
6. contents of my middle desk drawer. i obvs love sugar.
7. some of my files. and my calendar. and trash can. all very exciting.
hope you enjoyed the tour! i would say come back anytime, but that would be weird.