Wednesday, March 2, 2011

i'm a law slave and i've gone country. i know, it's all so overwhelming. i'll explain. (oh, and i have pictures, too, because i know you all all voyeurs)

things that changed since we last spoke:

i got a macbook pro.  in case you aren't aware, this automatically means i'm cool.  like really cool.  and really popular.  that's what steve job told me when he welcomed me to the super secret society of cool.  it's apparently a "no-pcs-allowed" kind of club.  discriminatory, i know.  oh, and her name is "lola."  "her" being being new macbook.  lola just sounded sassy and fierce.  just go with it.



i got a new car.  my mom got a new car, so that means i did, too.  (thanks, mom.  and of course, dad, who pays for it all.)  sweet gig.  good thing i'm in love with the car because it looks like i'll be driving the thing until the wheels fall off.  that'll probably be around the time i pay off my law school debt.  (i hope and pray.)  oh, and i named her (the car), too.  snowball.  her name is snowball.  well, that's her nickname.

i was really blessed to get an awesome legal internship for the summer.  sure, i'll be working for free and watching my bank account dwindle even further, but hey, it's a great position, and i'm stoked i got it.

i've gone country.  well, not really, but i go out dancing -- two-stepping, to be precise -- at least once a week now.  and i've been wearing cowgirl boots.  for those of you who aren't from texas, particularly houston, houston has its HLSR (houston livestock show and rodeo) at this time every year.  and lemme tell you, it's AH.MAZING.  so freaking fun.  starts off with BBQs and cook-offs, then has concerts every night for two weeks straight.  oh yeah, and there are lots of animals, and barrel races, and bull riding, and bronco riding, and a calf scramble when a hundred calves are set loose and these little country kids all run out into the arena and try to catch them.  (wow, explaining that makes me sound real texan.)  anyways, it's amazing and i love it and around these parts it's like christmas.  honestly, i just like dancing and wearing the boots and cute dresses.

{"don't stop believing"}

i'm not as crazy as i was last semester.  last semester, i don't know how i wasn't locked up.  seriously.  first semester of law school made me crazy.  like britney crazy.  i even cut three inches off my own hair one night at 3am while i was studying for a final.  see?  britney crazy.  anyways, now i'm better; by that i mean, i'm managing things better and the vast abyss of law school that was once so unknown and uncharted territory isn't quite so scary anymore.  in fact, i'm actually semi-normal now and my friends don't think i'm dead.

i will probably be crazy again in about a month.  probably less.  finals start in two months.  studying for finals starts like yesterday.  and i have a appellate brief due in a month as well.  law school finals are like college finals on HGH, steroids, and the machine that the dad used in that movie, "honey, i blew up the kids" all multiplied by a million.  and then multiplied by a million again.  

i still read a lot of your blogs, i just don't comment because i'm normally reading them on my phone and i guess i have fat fingers or something, but it's kind of hard to type out comments on my iphone.  i miss you all, too.  thanks for sticking around even when i'm lamesauce.

hearts.

Meredith

43 comments:

Desiree Lynn said...

Too bag you aren't a large old guy who goes by Big Daddy Tex then you could get away with wearing boots in court. That would be awesome.

carrie1 said...

Glad to see your still kickin it. =)

Happy Thursday

courtney said...

I felt about a million times more cool when I got a MacBook Pro too, so I know how you feel.

Stacy said...

Welcome to the MacBook Pro club! I LOVE mine. At first I was a little like wtf is this thing!? But once you get used to it, it's SO MUCH better! Yay!

Heather said...

Are you hitting up Wild West like the old days?!

Also, I'd kill for a pair of boots like yours in that picture. Where'd you get them?

Jennifer B said...

L-O-L-A, LOLA! Cherry COLA! C-O-L-A. COLA!

Anyway, welcome to the awesome world of awesome Macs. I have a regular Macbook and I'm in lurve.

Bathwater said...

Over price Apples, I am so glad the Androids are taking over Apples monopoly.

And here I was just about to give up on you EVER resurfacing. Guess I have me a lawyer in Texas when a need one after all (better specialize in tax law).

TLF said...

Heyyyyy, I like dancing and wearing cowboy boots and cute dresses too!!! ;-)
Glad to hear all is well!

The Shabby Princess said...

Lola is the perfect name for a MacBook Pro! Love it.

Glad things are getting a bit easier on the law school front. You are amazing! And have so.much.fun at the Houston Stock Show and Rodeo--so jealous!!

jayme said...

i saw this post in my reader and i was totally caught off guard... should i reintroduce myself or what?

i'm jayme, aka kentucky blonde, i'm a gemini, i wear gold and silver together, and sometimes i chew ice.

kthanxbye.

Mrs. Plank said...

I have a Lola, but mine is a 7 year old pug. But she IS fierce. I am also currently considering naming my next child (if and when I ever have another) Lola. I had an aunt by that name and I hear she was the shit back in the 50's :)

tara said...

Yaaaaaay for macbooks! Mine is not a pro though.. Because.. Well.. I'm poor! :( you're looking super cute in those boots! Glad you stopped by blogland to remind us all we'll never be as cute or skinny as you!

Hannah. said...

oooh a macbook pro! so so jealous!! :)
http://hazzaapee.blogspot.com/ xxx

jessalyn said...

um first. OMGIMISSMYTRIFECTASOMUCHINEEDTOYELLIT!!1!!ONE!!!!11

ok phew. now that i have that off my chest. i am not cool. there is no ijessalyn anything in my life. or macjessalyn. or even any apples because i prefer ice cream.

also, you are the cutest country girl i know and i want to do country things too.

i miss you and money so much my heart hurts.

Anonymous said...

I remember when we didn't have internet for 3 months after moving. It's pretty much impossible to comment from a phone. I'm glad you're surviving law school and hooray for new cars.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

It sounds like you've got a great balance going on! And who wouldn't rock out to that song! Love it!

amy (metz) walker said...

This post was hilarious! Love your honesty...and glad I found your blog!

Meg O. said...

Hi Meredith! I'm following you via Tara's email thread!

I've been mac since 2006 and I have never looked back. And man! I need to get to the HSLR! Haven't been yet this year!

AiringMyLaundry said...

Going crazy rocks.

One day I might have to get a Mac.

Confessions of a Mother, Lawyer & Crazy Woman said...

Here we go with the numbers, because I am sure you have figured out by now that lawyers like to number things (though, generally, lawyers cannot add ... ok ... so back to numbers):

1) You ROCK those boots. I think you should wear them everyday.
2) Mac Pro. Jealous.
3) CONGRATS on the internship. Nice work!
4) I was reading about the crazy and thinking "... huh, I remember when I cut my hair at 3 AM ... with kitchen scissors ... because it seemed like a good idea ... " WAIT!? She did the same thing!?! Which means ... you know where I am going with this? ... it means that I am sure there is some sort of class action we should get on. Total of six inches of hair is worth at least $3 mil. Easy. Snowball = Paid off.
5) 2nd semester finals are SO. MUCH. BETTER. And by 2nd year, you'll feel like a human again. Promise. At least until the Bar. Then you should hide the scissors again, just in case. But that's not for awhile ...

XOXO, Michelle said...

I wear my boots, all the time, in Singapore. Some of the locals think its awesome when they meet a "real live country girl" from Tennessee ;) One even calls me Boots!

SBG said...

hahah apple product picture! so funny!

please visit, <3 http://sarissweetlife.blogspot.com

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

great post :) haha love that first image as well, cracked me up!

Erin said...

This dose of verbal diarrhea was hilarious! New follower. :)

Mon Cheri said...

congrats on the internship ! Im a law student too :)

claire,x

http://moncheri2311.blogspot.com/

sohirach said...

in the mood to see THE CUTEST THING EVER?

check this out.
www.so--hi.blogspot.com

Masala Chica said...

You had me at Macbook Pro. I am finally cool as well. Nobody knows it unless I have my computer with me, so I lug it around a lot, but what the hell? I have better defined arms. Love the country!
Kiran

amy said...

I adore your blog. Seriously. You have an infectious humor to you. When I read your posts, I fill with joy.

Keep posting. keep being a perfectionist in an imperfect world. x

sweetness xx
hope to hear from you*!
amyflyingakite.com

Ashley Slater said...

congrats on the new mac/car and internship!
I just stumbled onto your cute blog and I am wondering how I have missed it for so long! Oh well, following you now!

xo,
ashley

p.s.-- I currently have a giveaway for cute custom necklace from ashley from the shine project on my blog. You should check it out and enter! The Shine Project Giveaway

Fresh Garden said...

Excellent!

Dylana Suarez said...

Super lovely blog!

xoxo,

http://www.colormenana.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

çok güzel gerçekten

kadın giyim,uzun elbise,uzun abiye,bayan kıyafet, uzun tunik,elbise,

bayan ceket,takı aksesuar,kolye,otantik kolye,uzun etek,sexi iç giyim,sexi çamaşır,

yüzük,fantezi iç çamaşır,takı,gümüş küpe,uzun tunik,fantezi kıyafetler, bayan gömlek,mini etek,

bayan ceket,takı aksesuar,kolye,otantik kolye,etek,uzun tunik,uzun triko,yüzük,fantezi iç giyim,

Unknown said...

There is nothing cost-free on this planet, but insure that you Buy facebook reviews solitary from the genuine sources for good acceptance on the net. buy 5 star facebook rating

Unknown said...

Are you hunting for real YouTube subscribers? Leave behind your worries, we will diligently help you to buy youtube subs

Unknown said...

To have a better exposure for your facebook account, Individuals expend money to Buy Facebook Followers to quickly find hype on world wide web. here you can buy facebook followers

Unknown said...

Have you been anxious about being ripped off when acquiring Android App Store reviews and ratings? This is genuine that a lot of people are offering rebates for users simply to rate apps. here to you can buy app reviews

Unknown said...

These competitions entails lot several competitions that are hung on regular basis or occasionally and to win them you should rack up highest facebook suches as on your ID. buy usa likes

Unknown said...

There's nothing cost-free nowadays, but guarantee that you Buy facebook reviews only from reliable sources for productive reputation online. buy 5 star facebook reviews

Unknown said...

We provide Digital marketing and Social media marketing services in cheap prices. boost media aurangabad

Anonymous said...

Komponen HP
Cara Menghidupkan HP Mati Total Baterai Tanam
Macam Macam IC
Cara Memperbaiki LCD
Lembaga Kursus Terbaik Indonesia
Kursus Indonesia
Kursus Indonesia
Kursus Indonesia
Cara Menghidupkan HP Mati Total
Youtube

Olivia Lua said...


outsourcingall.com "Usually I never comment on blogs but your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it.
This paragraph gives clear idea for the new viewers of blogging, Thanks you. You’re doing a great job Man, Keep it up.
Seo training
outsourcing training in dhaka
Best Website Development and Design Company in Bangladesh
free outsourcing
graphic design training
digital marketing training
affiliate marketing training
outsourcing training
outsourcing training in bangladesh

Creative Buildingbd said...

Creative Buildingbd is the best epoxy flooring service provider in Bangladesh. Epoxy floor users will best epoxy floor at an affordable price from us. For details please visit our website.

A said...

Thanks for sharing your ideas and thoughts! Automatically be entered into 30+ luxury prize draws every month and a luxury car draw once a month. Please get more info on Good Life Plus.